Skift.com has just produced its first Travel Trends for 2013 Report. They’ve identified 13 key trends that will shape the coming year.
- Everyone wants a Chinese tourist
- Ancillary fees are the new normal
- Last-minute mobile hotel booking
- The rise of price transparency
- Travelers are hungry for food tourism
- Airports as destinations
- Destination branding through movies
- Digital maps are one of travel’s key battlegrounds
- Personal in-flight entertainment through mobile devices
- Affordable design at hotels
- Blurring of business and leisure travel
- Cementing of the Gulf as the next great global aviation hub
- Lure of the last unknown: The rise of Myanmar
You can download the entire report here.